What is personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
Themis Legal collects personal information for the purpose of its provision of products and services to you and the operation and administration of the organisation. This information typically includes:
- your name, address, phone and facsimile numbers and email addresses (contact information);
- credit card or other payment information when you make a purchase via our website;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to Themis Legal directly including through our website or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through customer feedback surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
How do we collect your personal information?
Themis Legal collects your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Themis Legal collects personal information that you provide us:
- over the phone, in correspondence, in person, via our website and related social media platforms; and
- during conversations and/or any written communications between you and our representatives.
Themis Legal may also collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities and from our network of partners and affiliates.
Our cookies do not collect personal information. The majority of web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can adjust your browser to disable cookies but this may restrict your ability to access certain areas of our websites
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the websites, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the products or services you requested, either to the same standard or at all; and
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
Themis Legal collects personal information about you for the purpose of its provision of products and services to you and the operation and administration of the organisation. In addition, Themis Legal may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following related purposes:
- to provide you with our products and services;
- to personalize your experience;
- to send communications requested by you;
- answering enquiries and providing information or advice about our business, existing and new products and services;
- assessing the performance of our websites and improving the operation of those websites;
- conducting business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Themis Legal and its contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- updating our records and keeping your contact details up to date;
- providing your updated personal information to our contractors or service providers;
- processing and responding to any complaint made by you; and
- complying with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
We may also use this information to provide you offers and promotions from our partners and/or our affiliates in exchange for a commission without additional cost to you.
To whom may Themis Legal disclose your information?
Themis Legal may disclose and transfer your personal information for the purposes outlined above and related purposes:
- to our employees, contractors, or service providers located in Australia and overseas including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, barristers, solicitors, business advisors and consultants, for the purposes of providing services in connection with the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling your requests or enquiries, and to otherwise provide products and services to you;
- where you have consented; and
- as required or authorised by law including to law enforcement, government or other organisations or where permitted under the Privacy Act.
Direct marketing materials
Themis Legal may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, Themis Legal will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us using the contact details below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Themis Legal does not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You have certain rights to access personal information held by Themis Legal. To request access or to find out what information we have about you, please contact us (see details below).
If we provide you with access to personal information Themis Legal holds about you and you believe that personal information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, then you may request that we amend it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a full description of the issue. Themis Legal will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. A representative of Themis Legal will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved.
Themis Legal takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Themis Legal may hold your information in either hard copy or electronic form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our websites are linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, Themis Legal cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Themis Legal makes no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party websites and Themis Legal is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party websites. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.